CSOS - Controlled Substance Ordering System
DEA’s CSOS program allows for secure electronic controlled substances orders without the supporting paper DEA Form 222. Using a technology called PKI, CSOS requires that each individual purchaser enroll with DEA to acquire a CSOS digital certificate.
CSOS subscribers achieve the following benefits:
- Ordering Freedom: CSOS transactions are the only allowance for electronic ordering of Schedule I and II controlled substances, but may also be used for Schedule III-V substances. Additionally, CSOS has no line item limit for a single order.
- Faster Transactions: CSOS certificates contain the same identification information as DEA Form 222, which allows for timely and accurate validation by the supplier. Faster transactions allow for just-in-time ordering and smaller inventories.
- Accurate Orders: CSOS reduces the number of ordering errors.
- Decreased Cost: Order accuracy and decreased paper work result in a lower transaction cost.
- REMOTE CERTIFICATE STORE (RCS) SETUP
- DEA CSOS Website
- Enroll in CSOS
- Learn about CSOS
- Request your enrollment status
- Activate/Retrieve your certificate(s)
- Transfer certificate(s) to another computer
- Learn about electronic ordering
- Renew certificate(s)
- Revoke certificate(s)
- Report a security concern
- CSOS Overview Document